950 Chesley Park Drive
Tranquil Two Home Private Retreat on South Lake Whatcom, Bellingham, WA USA
Once In A While We List A Real Bargain. This Is It! Here's Why!
A custom two home estate located on a park-like setting of 5.53 acres with stunning lake & mountain views.
This serene sanctuary is an ideal place to relax and restore your soul. Enjoy the stunning lake views every season of the year!
You are surrounded by beautifully landscape grounds where every season is special. Entertain your family & friends in style. Dine at the lake shore, deck, formal or informal dining areas. House your guests in the ample bedrooms between both Main (5) & Carriage Houses (3) Plus!
Home Features Include:
· You enter this lovely home enter a lovely appointed entry featuring a hand crafted bird’s eye maple door.
· The shared beach area of 460 feet along the shore is shared by 7 other families features plenty of lawn, picnic area and dock for a crowd! A great place to picnic, boat or swim!
· A large fenced-in fruit orchard. Any tree trimming and thinning the new owner prefers will enhance the view according to his/her tastes.
· This home features stunning 30 foot cathedral ceilings lined with knotty pine.
· North facing windows feature the lovely view of the lake and surrounding mountains.
· The large stone faced wood burning fireplace is located on the east wall of the great room.
· A kitchen that will envy any Chef who visits. Plenty of counter top space, cabinets and storage. Double ovens (one is a convection), built in microwave, instant hot water, Sub Zero side-by-side, trash compactor, six burner cook-top with self venting, built-in desk & butler’s pantry.
· The formal dining room that could accommodate a large dining table and side boards. There is a small window pass-through into the kitchen - making meal time far easier for the family Chef.
· French doors located off the formal dining area lead out onto the large lake entertainment deck comprised of several levels and has rail seating for your guests. This wonderful decking allows for entertaining at any hour with stunning lake and mountain views. The decking faces north so the sunsets are wonderful!
· A formal library with 800 feet of book shelve space and the study/media/game room loft above this room looks into this room.
· A sunny sunroom is a wonderful addition to the home. North facing with the same styled windows as the great room. Abundant light is ideal for reading during anytime of the day. There is a small propane free standing stove tucked in the corner.
· Informal dining room with vaulted ceilings and large skylight just off the sun room (Family room). There is also a separate exit to a small side deck and grounds.
· A large master suite with a side sunken sitting room located at one end of the home for privacy. Off the sitting room is a small solarium that has been used as an exercise equipment room.
· The master bathroom features a separate shower, enormous long and extra deep jetted tub, two separate sink cabinets, entrance into the large walk-in closet and an exit onto a side deck.
· The Carriage house (Blue/Gray in tone) you see when you first drive onto the grounds. There are two suites with kitchens and an extra buck room accessed via outside stairs. There are two, 2-car garages in this home.
· Cathedral 30 Foot Celings - Great Room
· 4270 Sq Ft Main Home
· 1044 Sq Ft Carriage House
· Spectacular Windows
· Cathedral Ceilings
· Master Suite On Main
· Luxurious Master Bathroom
· Sun Room & Solarium
· Sweeping Decks
· Orchard & Landscaped Grounds
· Formal & Informal Dining
· Two Generators
· Shared Beach 460 Sq Ft Includes Dock
· Formal Library
· Enormous Gourmet Kitchen
· Butler’s Pantry
· Fruit Orchard
· Media/Game or Study Loft
· Separate Laundry, Walk-ins
· Basement Apartment, Storage
· Shared Beach & Dock, 460 Feet
· Upper Pasture
· MLS Number: 62188
· 2010 Taxes: $10,976
- MLS Number: 191069
- Acres: 5
- garage: 5
- flooring: Hardwood, Tile, Vinyl, Carpet
- style: Two Homes. One 1 1/2 w/Basement; Second
- Residential: yes
- Recent Sales: yes